It’s been a while since I last updated the blog.  Nevertheless I have been actually making and doing. Here are the log cabin cushions that I started back early January and have just finally finished ! Sometimes I find it hard to finish projects in a respectable time frame. Having said that, there was a lot of ‘new stuff’ that came with making these cushions that slowed down the process a little. This was the first time I had ever worked with velvet.  I love the texture but found that this very texture can be tricky to deal with when sewing. I now know that it is a good idea to overlock or zigzag the edges and leave a good distance for margins at the seams.  It was also my first attempt at any kind of patchwork which was a great opportunity to use a fabric bundle that I purchased a long time ago.   All in all, this was good fun and I am pleased with the result. So this pair of cushions is going to a good home inIreland.

 

 

Ca fait longtemps depuis que je n’ai pas mis à jour le blog. Cependant je vous rassure que j’ai été devant ma machine à coudre pour divers projets tels que des cadeaux d’anniversaire, des cadeaux de naissance que je vous montrerai à l’occasion. Voici donc mes cousins de chalet, style ‘log cabin’ que j’ai réussi à terminer.  J’ai mis du temps parce que j’ai rencontré pas mal de nouveautés pendant la réalisation de ce projet. C’était la première fois que j’ai utilisé du velours. J’aime le texture de velours mais j’avais sous estimé sa difficulté à la couture. Ce que j’ai appris depuis c’est les suivants : un coup de sur jeteuse sur les bords est indispensable et une bonne marge pour les coutures s’oblige aussi. C’était une première fois d’essayer du patchwork aussi.  Je suis contente du résultat pour un premier essai. Les cousins sont en cours de préparation pour envoie en Irlande où j’espère qu’ils se trouveront utiles.

Leave a Reply

X